This full time PLC (Post Leaving Cert) course facilitates the learner to explore fine art concepts and subject areas that are of interest to them. We provide a range of complimentary modules that provide an integrated approach to learning. This creates a confidence in the learner to further develop their own personal creative skills and concepts. Practical workshops are tailored to equip each individual with the skills to either continue in independent professional practice or to progress to Third Level study. This provides the learner with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and competence to work autonomously and independently in a fine art context. Through a combination of both tutor lead and self-directed learning this is achieved. Each student has their own studio space and storage, with specialist staff who teach their own specialisms. Guest speakers from the art world are invited in to talk to and meet with the students. We also include field trips to galleries and other course related trips as part of the academic year.
Qualification: QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Art (120 credits)
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2020
- Exhibition Techniques
- Work Experience
- Creative Application Ceramics
- Ceramic Craft Skills
- Combined Materials
- Aimed at those who have a QQI (FETAC) Level 5 Award, or an equivalent qualification in art. This is desirable but not essential.
- Adult learners over the age of 21 or persons displaying a specific skill set and/or life experience are welcome to apply.
- Applicants will have an advisory meeting to offer guidance and to ensure course suitability. Places will be offered on a ‘first come basis’ following the outcome of this meeting.
- Offers are subject to the applicant meeting the requirements of the course.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2020. Click on the link below to apply: Apply Here
A full QQI level 6 certificate facilitates application and entry to level 7 and 8 programmes in a range of third level institutions nationwide. Students of this course have been successful in applying for direct entry to second year in some Higher Education Institutions. Employment in a variety of areas including Fine Art, Ceramics, Education, Outreach and Community based programmes, Gallery/Museum sector and independent artist.
Open for Applications
Name: Michelle Condon, Course Coordinator
Tel: (052) 612 6269