This full time Art Metalwork PLC (Post Leaving Cert) course offers you the opportunity to research, design and develop skills in jewellery, silversmithing and fabrication. Study will involve a balance of experience between traditional and contemporary methods of craftsmanship and terminology specific to the practice. Emphasis will be placed on the use of a wide variety of materials, experimentation, creativity and a high standard of professional practice to produce original work to a professional standard.
Qualification: QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Major Award in Art Metalwork (120 credits)
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2017
- Design Skills
- Fine Metalwork Finishing
- Jewellery Making
- Work Experience
- Combined Materials
- Silversmithing and Fabrication
- Metal Surface Treatment
- Aimed at those who have a QQI (FETAC) Level 5 Award, or an equivalent qualification in art. This is desirable but not essential.
- Adult learners over the age of 21 or persons displaying a specific skill set and/or life experience are welcome to apply.
- Applicants will have an advisory meeting to offer guidance and to ensure course suitability. Places will be offered on a ‘first come basis’ following the outcome of this meeting.
- Offers are subject to the applicant meeting the requirements of the course.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2017. Click on the link below to apply: Apply Here
Higher Education Institutions. Other graduates work as self-employed designers/makers or with companies engaged in design, production, marketing and retailing of jewellery.
Open for Applications
Name: Susan McCarthy, Course Coordinator
Tel: (052) 612 6269