The overall aim of the programme is to provide the learner with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to work independently and or in an instructional, coaching, supervisory and or management role in a range of operations and activities in the Sports, Recreation and Exercise sectors.
The course is designed to be flexible in structure so that the learner has the maximum opportunity to improve his/her specialised academic and vocational literacy, numerical, ICT and planning skills while participating in the programme.
Qualification: QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Sports, Recreation and Exercise
QQI Course Code: 6M5147
Credit Value: 120 Full Award
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2020
- Sports Industry Practice
- Team Leadership
- Work Experience
- Exercise and Fitness
- Health Promotion
- Sports Nutrition
- Business Management
- Safety Management
- This course is aimed at those who have a QQI Level 5 award or equivalent qualification in sport
- Successful completion of interview
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Clearance
- Candidates must supply two written references (character, work or educational)
- Candidates must be in a position to source two weeks work experience placement themselves.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2020.
Successful completion of this award facilitates entry on a competitive basis through the CAO to a range of Third Level institutions nationwide leading to awards at a higher level on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Direct entry into employment in the sports and leisure industry
Name: Luke O’Mara, Course Coordinator
Telephone: (052) 6126269