This PLC course allows you to learn a number of different craft and design skills. At present, students will currently develop their craft skills using wood, metal and plastics. This course will be a workshop based course where you will learn the basic principles of design and adapt these skills to create pieces from wood, metal and plastics. This course is designed to be a creative learning course where you have the potential to learn as much from your colleague as you will from your tutor. Work experience, day trips and expert talks help to enhance the experience.
Qualification: QQI Level 5 Furniture Design and Making
QQI Course Code: 5M2012
Credit Value: 120 Full Award
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: C.T.I. Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2020
- Design Skills
- Furniture Making
- Work Experience
- Materials and Finishes
- Wood Finishing
- Safety and Health at Work
- Combined Materials
*Course content subject to change
- Leaving Certificate (traditional or applied) / Other equivalent at NFQ 4
- Successful completion of interview
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Vetting
- Candidates must supply two written references (character, work or educational)
- Candidates must be in a position to source two weeks work experience placement themselves.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2020.
Graduate opportunities may include the following: furniture designer or maker, apprenticeship in carpentry and joinery, interior design, product design, construction industry, management/sales within the furniture industry or self-employment.
Name: Stephen Buckley, Course Coordinator
Telephone: (052) 6126269