This one year full time PLC (Post Leaving Certificate) course provides an insight into the caring profession. It equips students with a practical and theoretical introduction to nursing, and health related careers. It is also designed as a programme of preparatory study to enter a degree programme in Nursing Studies or Social Care Studies in Ireland, the UK or Scotland. It is suitable for both school-leavers and experienced mature persons seeking a formal qualification.
Qualification: QQI Level 5 Major Award (120 credits)
Course Code: 5M4349
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2019
- Work Experience
- Human Growth & Development
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Social Studies
- Nursing Theory & Practice
- Care Skills
- Customer Service
- Computer Applications Level 4
- First Aid Responder (FAR)
- Manual & Patient Handling
- Successful completion of interview.
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Clearance
- Candidates must supply two written references (character, work or educational).
- Students must also obtain practical work experience in a HSE registered Care Facility during the second term. Students must source this work experience placement themselves.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2019. Click on the link below to apply: Apply Here
Learners who have successfully completed this award could expect to find employment in hospitals, nursing homes, or in the community. This award facilitates entry on a competitive basis through the CAO to a range of third level institutions nationwide leading to awards at a higher level on the National Framework of Qualifications. This award also enables learners application through UCAS to access a range of Nursing Degree programmes in UK universities.
Visit the Nursing Board’s Career Centre for further information:
Open for Applications
Name: Leona O’Connor, Course Coordinator
Tel: (052) 612 6269