This course is designed to meet the needs of learners wishing to develop their understanding of the music industry and improve their music skills for entry to third level.
The course curriculum creates an opportunity for learners to explore traditional and contemporary music and build their experiences.
An environment of innovation and autonomous learning reflects the third level college and employment experience.
Work experience is a mandatory part of the course where learners are introduced to the world of professional music performance.
Qualification: QQI Level 5 Certificate in Music Performance
QQI Course Code: 5M2011
Credit Value: 120 Full Award
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: C.T.I. Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2020
- Music Industry Studies
- Music Theory and Practice
- Work Experience
- Music Performance
- Event Production
- Audio Engineering
- Leaving Certificate (traditional or applied) / Other equivalent at NFQ 4
- Successful completion of interview
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Vetting
- Mature learners (+21) or persons who have a specific skills set or life experience are welcome
- Candidates must be in a position to source two weeks work experience placement themselves.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2020.
Graduates of this course will be able to pursue many differing opportunities across the music industry.
Successful completion of this award facilitates entry on a competitive basis through the CAO to a range of Third Level institutions nationwide leading to awards at a higher level on the National Framework of Qualifications
Name: Liam O’Reilly, Course Coordinator
Telephone: (052) 6126269