This music plc course is designed for students who are seeking to pursue a career in music performance or continue to further music education at third level.
The programme modules compliment the creative music performance work of the student by giving a broad knowledge base on the music industry, composition and theory skills.
This course is also an ideal preparation for 3rd Level courses in Music and careers in the music industry.
Qualification: QQI Level 5 Music Performance
QQI Course Code: 5M2011
Credit Value: 120
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2019
- Music Industry Studies
- Music Theory and Practice
- Work Experience
- Music Performance
- Event Production
- Audio Engineering
- Leaving Certificate (traditional or applied) / Other equivalent at FFQ 4
- Successful completion of interview
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Vetting
- Candidates must supply two written references (character, work or educational)
- Candidates must be in a position to source two weeks work experience placement themselves.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2019.
Graduates of this course will be able to pursue many differing opportunities across the music industry.
Successful completion of this award facilitates entry on a competitive basis through the CAO to a range of Third Level institutions nationwide leading to awards at a higher level on the National Framework of Qualifications
Name: Liam O’Reilly, Course Coordinator
Telephone: (052) 6126269