The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) settings and/or to progress to higher education and training. It also prepares students to fulfil the role of Special Needs Assistant or After School Worker.
It is an ideal course for both school leavers and mature students seeking the qualifications necessary for employment in the childcare sector.
Qualification: QQI Level 5 Major Award (120 credits)
QQI Course Code: 5M2009
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2020
- Child Development
- Early Care and Education Practice
- Early Childhood Education and Play
- Child Health and Well Being
- Work Experience
- Children with Additional Needs
- Arts and Crafts
- ICT Skills
- First Aid Response FAR/PHECC
- Manual Handling Training
- Food Safety Awareness
- Children First Child Protection
- Successful completion of interview.
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Clearance from the National Vetting Bureau.
- Candidates must supply two written references (character, work or educational).
- Students must also obtain practical work experience in a Tusla recognised childcare facility one day per week.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2020. Click on the link below to apply: Apply Here
Employment in a variety of education and care settings within Irish and International childcare sectors. This award facilitates direct entry on a competitive basis to a range of Third Level Institutions nationwide leading to awards at the next or higher levels of the National Framework of Qualifications.
Open for Application. Apply before 31st August 2019
Name: Sharon Crean
Tel: (052) 612 6269