This full time PLC (Post Leaving Cert) course provides an insight in to the caring profession. Its purpose is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to work with a range of ages in providing support in a variety of healthcare settings and/or to progress to further/higher education/training. It is suitable for both school leavers and mature students seeking a formal qualification.
Qualification: FETAC Level 5 Major Award (120 credits)
Course Code: 5M4339
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2017
- Care Skills
- Care Support
- Safety and Health at Work
- Work Experience
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nursing Theory and Practice
- Human Growth and Development
- Occupational First Aid
- Manual and Patient Handling
- IT (Level 4)
- Successful performance at interview.
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Clearance.
- Candidates must supply two written references (character, work or educational).
- Students must also obtain 3 weeks practical work experience in a HSE registered Care Facility during the second term. Students must source this work experience placement themselves.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2017. Click on the link below to apply: Apply Here
Learners who have successfully completed this award could expect to find employment in hospitals, nursing homes, or in the community. This award facilitates entry on a competitive basis through the CAO to a range of third level insitutuions nationwide leading to awards at a higher level on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Enrolment Open for Applications
Name: Elizabeth Kennedy, Course Coordinator
Tel: (052) 612 6269