This full time PLC (Post Leaving Certificate) course provides an insight in to the caring profession. Its purpose is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to work with a range of ages in providing support in a variety of healthcare settings and/or to progress to further/higher education/training. It is suitable for both school leavers and mature students seeking a formal qualification.
Qualification: QQI Level 5 Major Award (120 credits)
Course Code: 5M4339
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2018
- Care Skills
- Care Support
- Safety and Health at Work
- Work Experience
- Customer Service
- Care of the Older Person
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Palliative Care ****New Module for 2018/19****
- IT (Level 4)
- First Aid Response (PHECC certified)
- Patient Moving and Manual Handling
- *Course content subject to change
- Successful performance at interview.
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Clearance.
- Candidates must supply two written references (character, work or educational).
- Students must also obtain 4 weeks practical work experience in a HSE registered Care Facility. Students must source this work experience placement themselves.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2018. Click on the link below to apply: Apply Here
Learners who have successfully completed this award could expect to find employment in hospitals, nursing homes, or in the community. This award facilitates entry on a competitive basis through the CAO to a range of third level institutions nationwide leading to awards at a higher level on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Enrolment Open for Applications
Name: Elizabeth Kennedy, Course Coordinator
Tel: (052) 612 6269