This full time PLC (Post Leaving Cert) course will enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently and under supervision in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) settings and/or to progress to higher education and training. It also prepares students to fulfil the role of Special Needs Assistant. It is an ideal course for both school leavers and mature students seeking a formal qualification.
Qualification: QQI (FETAC) Level 5 Major Award (120 credits)
QQI Course Code: 5M2009
Day(s): Monday – Friday
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2017
- Child Development
- Early Care and Education Practice
- Early Childhood Education and Play
- Child Health and Well Being
- Work Experience
- Children with Additional Needs
- Occupational First Aid
- Arts and Crafts
- Manual Handling
- IT Skills (Level 4)
- Leaving Cert (traditional or applied) / Other equivalent qualification at NFQ 4 e.g. FETAC Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants with appropriate vocational experiences.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Vetting.
- Candidates must supply two written references (character, work or educational).
- Students must also obtain practical work experience in a Tusla recognised childcare facility one day per week.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2017. Click on the link below to apply: Apply Here
Employment in a vareity of education/care settings within the Irish childcare sector. This award facilitates entry on a competitive basis to a range of Third Level institutions nationwide leading to awards at the next or higher levels of the National Framework of Qualifications.
Open for Application. Apply before 31st August 2017
Name: Sharon Crean
Tel: (052) 612 6269