This full time Post Leaving Certificate (PLC) course is designed for both FETAC/QQI Level 5 graduates who wish to continue their studies, and for childcare supervisors/managers seeking a formal qualification. It helps develop interpersonal and leadership skills while promoting children’s well-being, development and learning. Students who complete this course will be in a position to work in a management supervisory capacity in a variety of childcare services and/or start their own business in the childcare sector. This course is ideal for those aspiring to supervise and manage in the childcare field. Childcare is a growth area at the moment and so employment prospects are good. As and from September 2015, all team leaders in Early Childhood Services must have a Level 6 (or equivalent) qualification in Early Childhood Care and Education
Qualification: QQI Level 6 Major Award (120 credits)
QQI Course Code: 6M2007
Day(s):To Be Confirmed
Time(s): To Be Confirmed
Location: CTI Senior College, Clonmel
Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 academic year
Start Date: September 2018
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies
- Work Experience
- Team Leadership
- Supervision in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Creative Studies for Special Needs
- Early Childhood Arts and Culture
- Manual Handling
- Applicants must have a minimum of 4 Merits in relevant FETAC/QQI components, or equivalents, or relevant work experience and should have previous work experience working in an ECCE setting.
- Candidates must be in a position to obtain Garda Clearance.Successful completion of interview.
- Candidates must supply two written character/work related references.
- Students must also obtain practical work experience in a TÚSLA recognised childcare facility one day per week.
- Entry to course is by interview.
- Candidates are required to have basic IT skills.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for September 2018. Apply Here
Employment in a variety of education/care settings within the Irish childcare sector. Careers as Creche Supervisor, Room Leader, Pre-School Supervisor/Room Leader, Playgroup Supervisor/Leader, After-School Supervisor/Leader, Start and run your own Childcare business. Successful completion of this course may facilitate exemption from the first year of specific degree programmes
Name: Emma de Brún
Tel: (052) 612 6269